KDSoap 1.5.0 released - a web service access package for Qt applications
KDSoap is a tool for creating client applications for web services without the need for any further component such as a dedicated web server.
KDSoap lets you interact with applications which have APIs that can be exported as SOAP objects. The web service then provides a machine-accessible interface to its functionality via HTTP.
You can now download KDSoap 1.5.0 with the following updated and new features:
- Added WS Addressing Support
- Added support for requests using chunked transfer encoding in KDSoap Server.
- The full message is assembled before being passed on for processing.
- Optimized parsing of large incoming requests so that headers are parsed only once.
- Provided a new way of treating incoming requests: the server object can receive raw XML incrementally and parse it itself, e.g. to avoid building up the full request in memory, in case of very large requests. See KDSoapServerRawXMLInterface.
- Renamed request and response to _request and _response in order to avoid clashes with variable names coming from the WSDL.
- Added missing fwd decls for the args used in server methods.
- Fixed parsing of Content-Type header to support spaces after ‘;’ and double-quotes around the value (SOAP-112)
WSDL parser / code generator changes
applying to both client and server side
- Source incompatible change: methods that return an optional polymorphic type will now return a pointer instead of a const reference. Null references lead to crashes and therefore the change was unavoidable.
- Implemented a more robust search for some namespace prefixes.
- Important: this can rename some generated classes from __Class to PREFIX__Class. This source incompatible change was necessary to fix clashes between unprefixed classes coming from different namespaces, in some WSDL files.
- Namespace on portType is parsed correctly
- Fixed infinite recursion when type A contains a member A with minoccurs=0
- Improved generated code so that it compiles without warnings when enabling -Wshadow
- Fixed KDSoapJob return message deserializing in RPC mode.
- The generated code in the slot wasn’t unwrapping the wrapper element. As a result the return object was all default-constructed, for lack of finding the right elements in the reply.
- Added missing builtin type xsd:QName.
- Fixed erroneous “class qint64;” declaration in generated code for wsdl:arrayType=”xsd:integer”
- Fixed elements being incorrectly-marked-as-nil when copying generated classes (issue72).
- Leading/trailing space in definition of soapAction are ignored.
- Attributes without a type (default to anySimpleType) are properly handled.
- Generated correct C++ code in case of special characters like ‘-‘ in operation names.
- Avoided generating duplicate methods when the complexType uses choice with the same elements in various choices
- Relative paths to schemas being imported or included are now resolved based on the location of the parent file rather than the location of the toplevel WSDL file.
Find out more and how to download KDSoap here.