KDDockWidgets 1.3.0 released! QtQuick and PySide6 support, and more minor fixes
We’ve released KDDockWidgets 1.3.0! KDDockWidgets is a framework for custom-tailored docking systems in Qt.
The main highlights for this release are PySide6 and experimental QtQuick support.
The QtQuick backend isn’t production ready, but you can already build with
-DKDDockWidgets_QTQUICK=ON, run the examples under
examples/qtquick/dockwidgets/ and start reporting issues.
Here’s the full list of changes:
- Experimental QtQuick support (#49)
- PySide6 support
- Added static
- The enum
KDDockWidgets::AddingOptionhas been deprecated, use
- You can now pass a preferred initial size to
- Layout restorer now restores maximized/minimized state too (#81)
- Fixed dock indicators sometimes not appearing on Windows (#103)
- Fixed drag offset when dragging too fast with mouse
- Fixed bug where last tab index position wouldn’t be remembered in case user had manually reordered tabs (#154)
- Fixed crash when hosting a
- Fixed CMake Visual Studio generator not working
- Sidebar overlays now maintain their size when toggled (#155)
Additionally, we’ve released version 1.2.1. It’s just a bug fix release over the 1.2 branch, which is now closed.
- Support for resizing dock widgets when they are in overlay/popup mode (autohide/sidebar feature)
- Fixed title bar close button enabled state not being restored with Layout saver (#137)
- Installs a version header (kddockwidgets_version.h) that defines a version string and other useful versioning macros (#138)
DockWidgetBase::eventFilter()is protected instead of private (regression vs v1.1) (#148) It’s recommended that you rebuild your application when updating KDDW, as MSVC encodes private/protected in the name mangling.
- Fixed WASM build on Windows (#163)
- Fixed sidebar overlay not getting hidden when clicking on the main window docking area (#157)
Prebuilt packages for some popular Linux distributions are here: https://build.opensuse.org/project/repositories/isv:KDAB