Nuremberg, 25 - 27 February 2020 – Attendance Confirmed
Embedded World is Europe’s leading trade fair for embedded technology and this year took place from the 25th to 27th of February in Nuremberg, Germany. As in previous years we shared a stand with The Qt Company and other Qt partners, this year in Hall 4-258.
KDAB Videos at Embedded World 2020
Check out the informative, short videos we made at Embedded World 2020.
2020 is the tenth year that KDAB has exhibited at Embedded World, in Nuremberg, Germany.
When we started exhibiting, there were only five halls compared to today’s seven, so, until now, the event has continued to grow and remain relevant, in a world where most interaction takes place on-line. We’ll see how that pans out in light of the current health crisis.
In those ten years, trends have come and gone, with the emphasis moving from medical devices to industrial equipment and ‘automotive everywhere’, while slowly but surely software has taken center stage.
Hardware is still important, but there is less and less differentiating factor in electronics and casings when creating an embedded device nowadays, so we believe only software can really give a product the edge it needs to be successful.
At our booth in Hall 4-258, we once again demonstrated some examples of this we are proud of, using C++, Qt/QML and 3D.
KDAB Demos at Embedded World
We recently helped develop the display for the Braumeister beer brewing machine. This is the latest product from a company making the shift to using digital user interfaces, in line with today’s customer expectations. With our help, they managed the transition brilliantly.
Visitors were invited to come and see the brewing machine and learn how we can help their company to reach the same goal.
- UI and process control for a home brewing appliance
- Rich and intuitive Qt Quick frontend
- Adapted to cost-effective hardware
- Yocto-based platform customization
- KDAB provided full-stack support from BSP to UI effects
Unu Dashboard for electric scooter
We also showed the Unu scooter digital dashboard, developed by KDAB while Unu engineers focused on other parts of the stack. The end result was a product that was brought to market quickly and efficiently.
- Navigation framework integrated with Qt Quick scene
- Speedometer implemented using OpenGL shaders
- Running on a Yocto-based platform
Download the Case Study…
Viper demo on Variscite DART-MX8M
This is a Qt 3D application created with KUESA™, smoothly running on a Variscite DART-MX8M.
- Streamlined integration of 3D content from e.g. 3DS Max and Blender
- High-performance real-time rendering
- Uses Qt and Qt 3D engine
See more in Publications below, and download the paper “Choosing a CPU”
Qi – Cellular Tissue Imaging in Qt 3D
- 3D visualization of microscopy of tissue samples
- 2D images from cutting edge clinical diagnostics data sets
- Real-time conversion to 3D from 30 image channels using Qt 3D
KDAB GammaRay + Qt Automotive Suite
- High-level introspection tool for Qt applications
- Insight into Qt Quick and Qt 3D scene graphs
- Visual state machine debugger
- Inspect models, layouts, rendering and much more
- Qt Automotive Suite
- Neptune reference HMI
- Qt 3D with physics based rendering (PBR)
- Runtime introspection with GammaRay
- Multi-process application management and composition
Find out more about Qt Automotive Suite…
Profiling and Analysis Tools
- Hotspot Profiler: GUI for Linux Perf to analyze profiling data
- Clazy Static Code Analyzer: LLVM/Clang-based static analyzer for Qt
- Heaptrack: Heap memory profiler and analysis GUI for Linux
Is Qt right for your project?
Weighing up the pros and cons of different frameworks for your project is not a straightforward task. There’s a lot to consider, from legacy systems and skills to target platforms, low or high-end hardware and 2D or 3D display.
KDAB has lots of experience helping customers evaluate whether Qt is the right choice. We know all about the Qt framework and license options, as well as a great deal about other possible choices that might be better for your project.
Choosing a CPU: is the IMX8 right for your project?
For those especially interested in IMX8 or IMX8M, we showed a Qt 3D application created with KUESA™, smoothly running on a Variscite DART-MX8M at the KDAB booth – possibly one of few IMX8M demos to be shown at this trade-show.
Download our whitepaper: Choosing a CPU…
The Future of Embedded Software
There’s no turning back on embedded software. It’s all around us, in our homes, our cars, our every day interactions from shopping to banking. Embedded software has mushroomed and nobody’s in charge. What are the issues we need to be thinking about now about the future of embedded software? See what some of the experts have to say on it.
Download the brochure: The Future of Embedded Software
Embedded World 2021
Next year’s Embedded World is booked for March 2nd to 4th.