In this course you will learn Qt 3D and its use of modern programmable shader-based pipelines which can be applied to both OpenGL and OpenGL ES.
In the Qt 3D training students will learn how to:
- write Qt 3D applications from the ground up
- develop their own materials using Qt 3D and GLSL
- implement their own geometries
- take control of Qt 3D’s rendering algorithm using the Frame Graph
- integrate Qt 3D inside a QtQuick application
In class, our expert trainers will walk you through all necessary topics using a mixture of presentations, examples, and hands-on exercises. By the end of the course you will be armed will all the knowledge you need to become immediately productive with Qt 3D and GLSL, and, in addition, take away over 60 working examples for future reference.
View the Table of Contents
On-site Qt 3D Training – Course Contents
- Overview: Features, Entity Component System
- Drawing: Geometries, Materials and Lights
- User Input: Picking, Keyboard Handling, Logical Devices
- Integration and Helpers: Dynamic Scenes, QtQuick Integration
- Scene Graph: Graphics Pipeline, GLSL, Coordinate Systems, Texturing
- Frame Graph: Viewports, Layers, Selecting Shaders at Runtime, Post-processing Effects
- Animation: Key Frame Animations, Combining Animations
- Advanced Topics: Procedural Texturing, Instanced Rendering, Physically Based Rendering Materials, 2D and 3D Text
The Qt 3D Training requires use of Qt 5.7.1 or superior and assumes prior knowledge of Qt Quick. No prior knowledge of OpenGL is required.
- Target audience: Developers who want to get started with Qt 3D
- Prerequisite: The course is suitable for developers with no prior OpenGL knowledge
- Duration: 3-day training course
From Days Location Course Language Price Ex. VAT Status Register December 3rd, 2019 3 Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed December 10th, 2019 3 Macclesfield, United Kingdom Modern OpenGL: Advanced Rendering & Effects English € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed January 21st, 2020 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed February 11th, 2020 3 Berlin, Germany Qt Widgets for the Desktop English € 1250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed March 10th, 2020 4 Berlin, Germany Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed March 10th, 2020 3 Chicago, IL, USA Introduction to Qt/QML English $ 1425.00 Confirmed April 21st, 2020 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed May 12th, 2020 3 Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed May 12th, 2020 4 Chicgo, IL, USA Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English $ 2275.00 Confirmed May 26th, 2020 3 Lyon, France Programmation Qt QML Avancée French € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed June 16th, 2020 3 Lyon, France Formation Qt Quick (QML) French € 1250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed June 23rd, 2020 2 Berlin, Germany Introduction to CMake English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed August 25th, 2020 3 Chicago, IL, USA Introduction to Qt/QML English $ 1425.00 Confirmed October 20th, 2020 4 Chicago, IL, USA Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English $ 2275.00 Confirmed
Why Learn Qt 3D?
Integrating 3D content in applications is becoming a clear trend in many fields and is likely to become even more important in the future with the growth of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Qt has always allowed you to integrate with OpenGL fairly easily, but managing the rendering code itself was still a very challenging task, often limited to a few specialized team members.
Qt 3D provides Qt with advanced 3D features with very flexible APIs available both in C++ and QML. It allows you to take full advantage of the enormous parallel processing power of today’s GPUs and maximizes performance by scheduling work across all CPU cores.