In this course you will learn Qt 3D and its use of modern programmable shader-based pipelines which can be applied to both OpenGL and OpenGL ES.
In the Qt 3D training students will learn how to:
- write Qt 3D applications from the ground up
- develop their own materials using Qt 3D and GLSL
- implement their own geometries
- take control of Qt 3D’s rendering algorithm using the Frame Graph
- integrate Qt 3D inside a QtQuick application
In class, our expert trainers will walk you through all necessary topics using a mixture of presentations, examples, and hands-on exercises. By the end of the course you will be armed will all the knowledge you need to become immediately productive with Qt 3D and GLSL, and, in addition, take away over 60 working examples for future reference.
View the Table of Contents
On-site Qt 3D Training – Course Contents
- Overview: Features, Entity Component System
- Drawing: Geometries, Materials and Lights
- User Input: Picking, Keyboard Handling, Logical Devices
- Integration and Helpers: Dynamic Scenes, QtQuick Integration
- Scene Graph: Graphics Pipeline, GLSL, Coordinate Systems, Texturing
- Frame Graph: Viewports, Layers, Selecting Shaders at Runtime, Post-processing Effects
- Animation: Key Frame Animations, Combining Animations
- Advanced Topics: Procedural Texturing, Instanced Rendering, Physically Based Rendering Materials, 2D and 3D Text
The Qt 3D Training requires use of Qt 5.7.1 or superior and assumes prior knowledge of Qt Quick. No prior knowledge of OpenGL is required.
- Target audience: Developers who want to get started with Qt 3D
- Prerequisite: The course is suitable for developers with no prior OpenGL knowledge
- Duration: 3-day training course
From Days Location Course Language Price Ex. VAT Status Register September 21st, 2019 2 Aurora, CO Introduction to CMake English Free Confirmed October 15th, 2019 3 Toulouse, France Débogage/profilage d’applications C++ sous Linu French € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed October 21st, 2019 3 Toulouse, France Introduction à Qt QML French € 1250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed October 22nd, 2019 3 Berlin, Germany Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed November 5th, 2019 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed November 12th, 2019 3 Macclesfield, United Kingdom Modern OpenGL: Advanced Pipeline & Performance English € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed November 19th, 2019 3 Toulouse, France Introduction à Qt 3D French € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed November 19th, 2019 4 Chicago, USA Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English $ 2250.00 Confirmed November 27th, 2019 2 Toulouse, France Introduction à CMake French € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed December 3rd, 2019 3 Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed December 10th, 2019 3 Macclesfield, United Kingdom Modern OpenGL: Advanced Rendering & Effects English € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed
Why Learn Qt 3D?
Integrating 3D content in applications is becoming a clear trend in many fields and is likely to become even more important in the future with the growth of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Qt has always allowed you to integrate with OpenGL fairly easily, but managing the rendering code itself was still a very challenging task, often limited to a few specialized team members.
Qt 3D provides Qt with advanced 3D features with very flexible APIs available both in C++ and QML. It allows you to take full advantage of the enormous parallel processing power of today’s GPUs and maximizes performance by scheduling work across all CPU cores.