In this course you will learn Qt 3D and its use of modern programmable shader-based pipelines which can be applied to both OpenGL and OpenGL ES.
In the Qt 3D training students will learn how to:
- write Qt 3D applications from the ground up
- develop their own materials using Qt 3D and GLSL
- implement their own geometries
- take control of Qt 3D’s rendering algorithm using the Frame Graph
- integrate Qt 3D inside a QtQuick application
In class, our expert trainers will walk you through all necessary topics using a mixture of presentations, examples, and hands-on exercises. By the end of the course you will be armed will all the knowledge you need to become immediately productive with Qt 3D and GLSL, and, in addition, take away over 60 working examples for future reference.
View the Table of Contents
On-site Qt 3D Training – Course Contents
- Overview: Features, Entity Component System
- Drawing: Geometries, Materials and Lights
- User Input: Picking, Keyboard Handling, Logical Devices
- Integration and Helpers: Dynamic Scenes, QtQuick Integration
- Scene Graph: Graphics Pipeline, GLSL, Coordinate Systems, Texturing
- Frame Graph: Viewports, Layers, Selecting Shaders at Runtime, Post-processing Effects
- Animation: Key Frame Animations, Combining Animations
- Advanced Topics: Procedural Texturing, Instanced Rendering, Physically Based Rendering Materials, 2D and 3D Text
The Qt 3D Training requires use of Qt 5.7.1 or superior and assumes prior knowledge of Qt Quick. No prior knowledge of OpenGL is required.
- Target audience: Developers who want to get started with Qt 3D
- Prerequisite: The course is suitable for developers with no prior OpenGL knowledge
- Duration: 3-day training course
From Days Location Course Language Price Status Register February 6th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Programming with Qt/QML English € 999.00 Confirmed February 13th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Programming with Qt/QML for the Desktop English $ 1500.00 March 20th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Introduction English € 1500.00 March 27th, 2018 3 Lyon, France Programming with Qt 3D French € 2000.00 April 17th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Programming with Qt/QML English € 1500.00 May 8th, 2018 3 Detroit, MI, USA Qt for Automotive Development English $ 1800.00 May 15th, 2018 3 Paris, France Advanced QML French € 1500.00 May 22nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Advanced OpenGL English € 2000.00 June 12th, 2018 3 Toulouse, France Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 French € 1500.00 July 17th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Programming with Qt/QML for Embedded English $ 1500.00 September 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 1500.00 September 18th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Profiling and Debugging for Windows English $ 2500.00 October 2nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Introduction English € 1500.00 October 9th, 2018 3 Paris, France Advanced Qt Widgets French € 1500.00 November 13th, 2018 3 Avignon, France Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 December 4th, 2018 3 Rennes, France Programmation Qt QML French € 1250.00 December 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Advanced OpenGL English € 2000.00
Why Learn Qt 3D?
Integrating 3D content in applications is becoming a clear trend in many fields and is likely to become even more important in the future with the growth of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Qt has always allowed you to integrate with OpenGL fairly easily, but managing the rendering code itself was still a very challenging task, often limited to a few specialized team members.
Qt 3D provides Qt with advanced 3D features with very flexible APIs available both in C++ and QML. It allows you to take full advantage of the enormous parallel processing power of today’s GPUs and maximizes performance by scheduling work across all CPU cores.