In this course you will learn Qt 3D and its use of modern programmable shader-based pipelines which can be applied to both OpenGL and OpenGL ES.
In the Qt 3D training students will learn how to:
- write Qt 3D applications from the ground up
- develop their own materials using Qt 3D and GLSL
- implement their own geometries
- take control of Qt 3D’s rendering algorithm using the Frame Graph
- integrate Qt 3D inside a QtQuick application
In class, our expert trainers will walk you through all necessary topics using a mixture of presentations, examples, and hands-on exercises. By the end of the course you will be armed will all the knowledge you need to become immediately productive with Qt 3D and GLSL, and, in addition, take away over 60 working examples for future reference.
View the Table of Contents
On-site Qt 3D Training – Course Contents
- Overview: Features, Entity Component System
- Drawing: Geometries, Materials and Lights
- User Input: Picking, Keyboard Handling, Logical Devices
- Integration and Helpers: Dynamic Scenes, QtQuick Integration
- Scene Graph: Graphics Pipeline, GLSL, Coordinate Systems, Texturing
- Frame Graph: Viewports, Layers, Selecting Shaders at Runtime, Post-processing Effects
- Animation: Key Frame Animations, Combining Animations
- Advanced Topics: Procedural Texturing, Instanced Rendering, Physically Based Rendering Materials, 2D and 3D Text
The Qt 3D Training requires use of Qt 5.7.1 or superior and assumes prior knowledge of Qt Quick. No prior knowledge of OpenGL is required.
- Target audience: Developers who want to get started with Qt 3D
- Prerequisite: The course is suitable for developers with no prior OpenGL knowledge
- Duration: 3-day training course
From Days Location Course Language Price Status Register March 20th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Introduction to Modern OpenGL English € 1500.00 Confirmed March 27th, 2018 3 Lyon, France Introduction à Qt 3D French € 2000.00 Confirmed April 10th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 Confirmed April 17th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 Confirmed May 8th, 2018 3 Detroit, MI, USA Qt for Automotive Development English $ 1800.00 Confirmed May 15th, 2018 3 Paris, France Programmation Qt QML Avancée French € 1500.00 Confirmed May 15th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt Widgets for the Desktop English € 1250.00 Confirmed May 22nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Advanced Pipeline & Performance English € 2000.00 Confirmed June 12th, 2018 3 Toulouse, France Les nouveautés du C++11/C++14/C++17 French € 1500.00 Confirmed July 17th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Introduction to Qt/QML English $ 1500.00 Confirmed August 28th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Advanced QML English $ 1800.00 Confirmed September 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 1500.00 Confirmed September 11th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1500.00 Confirmed September 18th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Profiling and Debugging for Linux English $ 2500.00 Confirmed October 2nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Introduction to Qt 3D English € 2000.00 Confirmed October 9th, 2018 3 Paris, France Programmation Qt Widgets Avancée French € 1500.00 Confirmed October 23rd, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Avignon, France Débogage/profilage d’applications Qt sous Linux French € 2000.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 Confirmed December 4th, 2018 3 Rennes, France Introduction à Qt QML French € 1250.00 Confirmed December 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Advanced Rendering & Effects English € 2000.00 Confirmed
Why Learn Qt 3D?
Integrating 3D content in applications is becoming a clear trend in many fields and is likely to become even more important in the future with the growth of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Qt has always allowed you to integrate with OpenGL fairly easily, but managing the rendering code itself was still a very challenging task, often limited to a few specialized team members.
Qt 3D provides Qt with advanced 3D features with very flexible APIs available both in C++ and QML. It allows you to take full advantage of the enormous parallel processing power of today’s GPUs and maximizes performance by scheduling work across all CPU cores.