This training provides a comprehensive introduction to modern OpenGL development. Beginning with the basic concepts, all the fundamental topics to develop flexible, high performance OpenGL code that run on the desktop and embedded / mobile devices will be covered. Key techniques including lighting, texturing, framebuffer objects and transformations are introduced, in a format suitable for any developer working in C or C++.
- Basic OpenGL window and context management
- The modern OpenGL pipeline
- Rendering geometry with GLSL shaders and vertex buffer objects
- Transformations and coordinate systems, projection and camera handling
- Fundamentals of lighting including the standard Phong model
- Using textures to increase quality and flexibility, including multi-texturing
- Working with frame-buffer-objects (FBOs)
Read the full Table of Contents
Why learn modern OpenGL?
OpenGL is the industry standard for high performance graphics and computation on desktop, mobile and embedded platforms. Whether the requirement is visualizing large data sets, creating engaging user interfaces or breathtaking real-time visuals, getting the topics covered in this course is essential.
- Target audience: Developers who want to start working with hardware-accelerated graphics, or update their OpenGL knowledge based on current best practices
- Prerequisite: This course is suitable for developers with no prior graphics experience, but familiarity with C and/or C++ is necessary
- Duration: 3 Days
Forthcoming courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location/Time Course Language Price Ex. VAT Status Register June 5th, 2023 7 Online 9:00-13:00 CEST, Mon-Fri+ Mon-Tue Formation C++11/C++14/C++17 French € 2400.00 (plus VAT if applicable) c++,french June 19th, 2023 4 9:00-17:00 CEST Berlin, Germany Advanced Modern C++ English € 2400.00 (plus VAT if applicable) 4day,c++,english,modern-c++,multithreading September 19th, 2023 3 9:00-17:00 CEST Berlin, Germany Testing Qt with Squish English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) 2day,3day,4day,5day,english,gui,qt,squish,testing September 26th, 2023 3 9:00-17:00 CEST Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) english,introduction,qml,qt October 23rd, 2023 4 9:00-17:00 CEST Berlin, Germany Advanced Modern C++ English € 2400.00 (plus VAT if applicable) 4day,c++,english,modern-c++,multithreading October 26th, 2023 2 Online 9:00-17:00 CEST, Thu-Fri Introduction á CMake French € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) cmake,french,introduction November 20th, 2023 5 Online 9:00-13:15 CET, Mon-Fri Formation Qt Widgets French € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) french,widgets November 28th, 2023 3 9:00-17:00 CET Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1800.00 (plus VAT if applicable) advanced,english,qml December 12th, 2023 3 9:00-17:00 CET Berlin, Germany Debugging and Profiling Qt applications on Windows English € 2200.00 (plus VAT if applicable) debug,english,qt,windows
For further information