This training provides a comprehensive introduction to modern OpenGL development. Beginning with the basic concepts, all the fundamental topics to develop flexible, high performance OpenGL code that run on the desktop and embedded / mobile devices will be covered. Key techniques including lighting, texturing, framebuffer objects and transformations are introduced, in a format suitable for any developer working in C or C++.
- Basic OpenGL window and context management
- The modern OpenGL pipeline
- Rendering geometry with GLSL shaders and vertex buffer objects
- Transformations and coordinate systems, projection and camera handling
- Fundamentals of lighting including the standard Phong model
- Using textures to increase quality and flexibility, including multi-texturing
- Working with frame-buffer-objects (FBOs)
Read the full Table of Contents
Why learn modern OpenGL?
OpenGL is the industry standard for high performance graphics and computation on desktop, mobile and embedded platforms. Whether the requirement is visualizing large data sets, creating engaging user interfaces or breathtaking real-time visuals, getting the topics covered in this course is essential.
- Target audience: Developers who want to start working with hardware-accelerated graphics, or update their OpenGL knowledge based on current best practices
- Prerequisite: This course is suitable for developers with no prior graphics experience, but familiarity with C and/or C++ is necessary
- Duration: 3 Days
Forthcoming courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location/Time Course Language Price Ex. VAT Status Register August 23rd, 2022 3 9:00-17:00 CEST, Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed advanced,english,qml August 29th, 2022 4 9:00-17:00 CEST, Berlin, Germany Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed 4day,c++,english,modern-c++,multithreading September 6th, 2022 2 9:00-17:00 CEST, Berlin, Germany Introduction to CMake English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed cmake,english,introduction September 26th, 2022 5 Online 9:00-13:12 CEST, Europe Formation Qt Widgets French € 1250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) french,widgets October 17th, 2022 3 Online 9:00-17:30 CEST, Europe Débogage/profilage d’applications Qt sous Linux French € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) c++,debug,french,profiling October 18th, 2022 3 9:00-17:00 CEST, Berlin, Germany Programming with Qt 3D English € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed 3d,english,qt November 8th, 2022 3 9:00-17:00 CET, Berlin, Germany Debugging and Profiling Qt applications on Windows English € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed debug,english,qt,windows November 29th, 2022 3 9:00-17:00 CET, Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed advanced,english,qml December 6th, 2022 3 9:00-17:00 CET, Berlin, Germany Debugging and Profiling C++ applications on Linux English € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed c++,debug,english,linux
For further information