This training provides a comprehensive introduction to modern OpenGL development. Beginning with the basic concepts, all the fundamental topics to develop flexible, high performance OpenGL code that run on the desktop and embedded / mobile devices will be covered. Key techniques including lighting, texturing, framebuffer objects and transformations are introduced, in a format suitable for any developer working in C or C++.
– Eddy Alleman, EDAL solutions BVBA
- Basic OpenGL window and context management
- The modern OpenGL pipeline
- Rendering geometry with GLSL shaders and vertex buffer objects
- Transformations and coordinate systems, projection and camera handling
- Fundamentals of lighting including the standard Phong model
- Using textures to increase quality and flexibility, including multi-texturing
- Working with frame-buffer-objects (FBOs)
Read the full Table of Contents
Why learn modern OpenGL?
OpenGL is the industry standard for high performance graphics and computation on desktop, mobile and embedded platforms. Whether the requirement is visualizing large data sets, creating engaging user interfaces or breathtaking real-time visuals, getting the topics covered in this course is essential.
- Target audience: Developers who want to start working with hardware-accelerated graphics, or update their OpenGL knowledge based on current best practices
- Prerequisite: This course is suitable for developers with no prior graphics experience, but familiarity with C and/or C++ is necessary
- Duration: 3 Days
Forthcoming courses in: Our trainings run from 9:00 to 16:00 (with a one hour window for discussion afterwards, if necessary)
From Days Location Course Language Price Status Register August 28th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Advanced QML English $ 1800.00 Confirmed September 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 1500.00 Confirmed September 11th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1500.00 Confirmed October 2nd, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Profiling and Debugging for Linux English $ 2500.00 Confirmed October 2nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Introduction to Qt 3D English € 2000.00 Confirmed October 9th, 2018 3 Paris, France Programmation Qt Widgets Avancée French € 1500.00 Confirmed October 16th, 2018 3 Lyon, France Les nouveautés du C++11 / C++14 / C++17 French € 1500.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Avignon, France Débogage/profilage d’applications Qt sous Linux French € 2000.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 Confirmed November 20th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Advanced Rendering & Effects English € 2000.00 Confirmed December 4th, 2018 3 Rennes, France Introduction à Qt QML French € 1250.00 Confirmed December 11th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 Confirmed
Our trainings run from 9:00 to 16:00 (with a one hour window for discussion afterwards, if necessary)
For further information Contact us