This training provides a comprehensive introduction to modern OpenGL development. Beginning with the basic concepts, all the fundamental topics to develop flexible, high performance OpenGL code that run on the desktop and embedded / mobile devices will be covered. Key techniques including lighting, texturing, framebuffer objects and transformations are introduced, in a format suitable for any developer working in C or C++.
- Basic OpenGL window and context management
- The modern OpenGL pipeline
- Rendering geometry with GLSL shaders and vertex buffer objects
- Transformations and coordinate systems, projection and camera handling
- Fundamentals of lighting including the standard Phong model
- Using textures to increase quality and flexibility, including multi-texturing
- Working with frame-buffer-objects (FBOs)
Read the full Table of Contents
Why learn modern OpenGL?
OpenGL is the industry standard for high performance graphics and computation on desktop, mobile and embedded platforms. Whether the requirement is visualizing large data sets, creating engaging user interfaces or breathtaking real-time visuals, getting the topics covered in this course is essential.
- Target audience: Developers who want to start working with hardware-accelerated graphics, or update their OpenGL knowledge based on current best practices
- Prerequisite: This course is suitable for developers with no prior graphics experience, but familiarity with C and/or C++ is necessary
- Duration: 3 Days
Forthcoming courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location Course Language Price Status Register February 6th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Programming with Qt/QML English € 999.00 Confirmed February 13th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Programming with Qt/QML for the Desktop English $ 1500.00 March 20th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Introduction English € 1500.00 March 27th, 2018 3 Lyon, France Programming with Qt 3D French € 2000.00 April 17th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Programming with Qt/QML English € 1500.00 May 8th, 2018 3 Detroit, MI, USA Qt for Automotive Development English $ 1800.00 May 15th, 2018 3 Paris, France Advanced QML French € 1500.00 May 22nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Advanced OpenGL English € 2000.00 June 12th, 2018 3 Toulouse, France Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 French € 1500.00 July 17th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Programming with Qt/QML for Embedded English $ 1500.00 September 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 1500.00 September 18th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Profiling and Debugging for Windows English $ 2500.00 October 2nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Introduction English € 1500.00 October 9th, 2018 3 Paris, France Advanced Qt Widgets French € 1500.00 November 13th, 2018 3 Avignon, France Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 December 4th, 2018 3 Rennes, France Programmation Qt QML French € 1250.00 December 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Advanced OpenGL English € 2000.00
For further information Contact us