Learn the relevant library and language changes
In this hands-on C++11, C++14 and C++17 training for professional C++ developers, you will learn the language changes and the standard library changes introduced in C++11, C++14 as well as changes from C++17.
In class, the new standards will be demonstrated with the aid of many examples, and you will get the opportunity to use them right away in our lab projects. Since not every developer has a C++14 or C++17-capable compiler yet, features only available in C++14 or C++17 are clearly marked as such in the material.
The training also teaches some advanced C++ features like variadic templates and perfect forwarding, but they are introduced gently, and some of them are optional.
- Important language changes, including:
- C++11/14: lambdas, range based for loops, strongly typed enums,
- C++11/14: constexpr, uniform initialization, move semantics, …
- C++17: improved lambdas, structured bindings, constexpr if, …
- C++11/14: Functional programming, including lambda, bind and function objects
- C++11/14: Template meta programming, including variadic templates and perfect forwarding
- C++11/14: Multithreading (including the C++11 memory model, std::thread, std::async, …)
- C++17: Templates: Fold Expressions, Class template deduction, …
Read the full Table of Contents
Why join our Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 training?
C++11 is a new major version of the C++ standard, released in 2011, and brings many new features to C++ that make the language safer, faster as well as easier and more fun to use. Every professional C++ developer will sooner or later come into contact with C++11/C++14/C++17 and introducing their advantages early can only be beneficial.
Because of all the numerous changes, the C++ creator, Bjarne Stroustrup, said that “C++11 feels like a new language”. C++14 and C++17, released in 2014 and 2017 respectively, bring further incremental improvements.
- Target audience: Professional C++ developers
- Prerequisite: Students are required to have basic C++ knowledge, for example knowing about inheritance and virtual functions.
- Duration: 4-day training course
- Sign up: Please check out course availability.
Forthcoming courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location Course Language Price Ex. VAT Status Register March 10th, 2020 4 Berlin, Germany Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed March 10th, 2020 3 Chicago, IL, USA Introduction to Qt/QML English $ 1425.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed April 21st, 2020 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed April 21st, 2020 4 Chicago, IL, USA Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English $ 2275.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed May 12th, 2020 3 Lyon, France Programmation Qt QML Avancée French € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed May 26th, 2020 3 Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed June 9th, 2020 4 Lyon, France Formation C++11/C++14/C++17 French € 2100.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed June 16th, 2020 3 Lyon, France Introduction à Qt QML French € 1250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed June 23rd, 2020 2 Berlin, Germany Introduction to CMake English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed August 25th, 2020 3 Chicago, IL, USA Introduction to Qt/QML English $ 1425.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed August 25th, 2020 3 Berlin, Germany Debugging and Profiling C++ applications on Linux English € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed October 20th, 2020 4 Chicago, IL, USA Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English $ 2275.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed
For further informationContact us