Learn the relevant library and language changes
In this hands-on C++11, C++14 and C++17 training for professional C++ developers, you will learn the language changes and the standard library changes introduced in C++11, C++14 as well as changes from C++17.
In class, the new standards will be demonstrated with the aid of many examples, and you will get the opportunity to use them right away in our lab projects. Since not every developer has a C++14 or C++17-capable compiler yet, features only available in C++14 or C++17 are clearly marked as such in the material.
The training also teaches some advanced C++ features like variadic templates and perfect forwarding, but they are introduced gently, and some of them are optional.
We had a perfectly tailored training to learn modern C++ features and to understand all the things in detail. Now we are well prepared for future C++ projects and for using C++ more efficiently. This was the most sophisticated and gripping training I’ve attended so far.
Jürgen Schneider, Linux Team Leader, IGEL Technology GmbH, R&D, Germany
- Important language changes, including:
- C++11/14: lambdas, range based for loops, strongly typed enums,
- C++11/14: constexpr, uniform initialization, move semantics, …
- C++17: improved lambdas, structured bindings, constexpr if, …
- C++11/14: Functional programming, including lambda, bind and function objects
- C++11/14: Template meta programming, including variadic templates and perfect forwarding
- C++11/14: Multithreading (including the C++11 memory model, std::thread, std::async, …)
- C++17: Templates: Fold Expressions, Class template deduction, …
Read the full Table of Contents
Why join our Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 training?
C++11 is a new major version of the C++ standard, released in 2011, and brings many new features to C++ that make the language safer, faster as well as easier and more fun to use. Every professional C++ developer will sooner or later come into contact with C++11/C++14/C++17 and introducing their advantages early can only be beneficial.
Because of all the numerous changes, the C++ creator, Bjarne Stroustrup, said that “C++11 feels like a new language”. C++14 and C++17, released in 2014 and 2017 respectively, bring further incremental improvements.
- Target audience: Professional C++ developers
- Prerequisite: Students are required to have basic C++ knowledge, for example knowing about inheritance and virtual functions.
- Duration: 4-day training course
- Sign up: Please check out course availability.
Forthcoming courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location/Time Course Language Price Ex. VAT Status Register June 19th, 2023 4 9:00-17:00 CEST Berlin, Germany Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 2400.00 (plus VAT if applicable) multithreading,modern-c++,english,c++,4day October 23rd, 2023 4 9:00-17:00 CEST Berlin, Germany Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 2400.00 (plus VAT if applicable) multithreading,modern-c++,english,c++,4day
For further information