Create powerful results by mixing native and web technologies
KDAB’s experience and deep knowledge of Qt, QML, C++ and web technologies can help you to create a development stack with a powerful and very resource efficient runtime for HTML 5 applications.
KDAB experts in web and native technologies can support you in:
- Building safer, faster, and more stable web development stack
- Making technology choices and choosing the implementation that best fits your project
- Embedding HTML content in graphical applications
- Mixing a UI built with Qt Widgets or Qt Quick with embedded HTML web pages
- Qt Webkit and Qt Web Engine integration
- Develop features you find to be missing
We are highly experienced in optimizing the development stack for given constraints when you and your team are surprised by a lower performance than expected. Our engineers have contributed to the development of PhantomJS, ExtJS and Webkit itself and created powerful results by mixing web and native technologies in many customer projects.
Qt WebChannel: bridging the gap between C++/QML and the web
We are up-to-date on the development of the Qt WebEngine including porting Qt WebKit to Qt WebEngine.
Qt WebEngine is the new Chromium-based web engine to replace Qt WebKit and it is planned to enable a better performance for accelerated web content as well as a more feature-rich web browsing.
Qt WebEngine is currently tested on reference devices such as:
- Google Nexus 7 (Nvidia Tegra 3 – embedded Android)
- BeagleBone Black (Texas Instruments AM335x) – embedded Android)
- BeagleBone Black (Texas Instruments AM335x – embedded Linux)
- Raspberry Pi model B (Broadcom BCM2835 – embedded Linux)
- Boundary Devices SABRE Lite (Freescale i.MX 6 – embedded Linux)
Qt WebEngine is also running on desktop Linux and on Mac OS X.Contact us
Hybrid applications, which mix a UI built with Qt Widgets or Qt Quick with embedded HTML websites, are very popular. In particular, something like an HTML 5 app framework is often requested by customers. Qt WebKit makes it trivial to embed HTML content in any graphical application. But how does one bridge the gap between […] [...]
KDAB expert have supported embedded and desktop customers since 1999. The software architecture of a complex system is where fundamental mistakes easily can be made. Diligent groundwork, to get it right from start, often proves a significant factor in creating better software. [...]
KDAB’s experts help you to improve performance of the whole stack. Some of our normal tasks are achieving more frames per second, faster boot-up time, improved usage of CPU(s), memory and/or the battery. [...]
In KDAB we have developed strategies for making your code base more robust and faster. Our workshops help you improve your software’s testability and the speed, quality and resilience of your code. [...]