Target Android and benefit from KDAB's leadership
KDAB’s unique knowledge and leadership on Qt on Android enables you to quickly make existing C++ and Qt applications available on Android. Optimizing integrations on the C and OpenGL level and building touch screen UIs in record time for a variety of domain are also part of our specialties.
KDAB can help you develop Qt on Android applications with:
- minimal memory footprint and optimal power consumption.
- customized Android APIs for specific controls/use cases
- tailored solutions with authentic Android look & feel and deep integration
- missing features or access of features you need
We are proud of our skills to:
- kick-start and speed up development of Qt on Android projects
- develop Android apps
- deal with complex integration of external information sources and high data throughput
- create stunning UIs
Example of KDAB’s Qt on Android integrations:
- Implementing Android features for which Qt doesn’t have an API, e.g.:
- listening for Android O.S. notifications:
- SD card notifications: bad removal, eject, (un)mounted etc.
- network notifications: network up/down
- battery level and charging state
- Enabling accessing of Android OS features:
- telephony (Initiate calls, MMS, SMS, etc.)
- speech (TTS and Speech Recognizer)
- system accounts, system preferences
- NFC, USB…
- Use cases for KDAB’s Qt on Android projects:
- Point-of-sale terminals and mobile applications
- In-vehicle and in-flight infotainment systems
- Data access across a network. Navigation, Satellite TV/radio receivers, Network management consoles
- Medical and other measuring devices with input from active sensors
- Seismic data handling in oil & gas, portable devices for exploration or monitoring
- Home and Broadcast Media. Enabling continuous control of encoders/decoders
Example of KDAB leadership on Qt on Android
KDAB’s Bogdan Vatra created the necessitas project / Ministro II which were installed by millions of users. Bogdan started the work on Qt on Android in 2009 has also published a power efficient ZX Spectrum emulator based on FUSE on Google Play, Spectacol.
KDAB is the the official maintainer and worldwide “go-to” company with regard to Qt on Android.