KDAB. Modernizing your C++ development with C++11 / C++14
KDAB’s in-depth expertise in C++ and the new C++11 / C++14 standards is demonstrated through projects, popular C++11 / C++14 trainings and talks at conferences. Many of our projects have focused on modernizing the code base, boosting an application’s performance and making it as future-proof as possible. Refactoring code makes it easier to maintain and incorporate new features.
KDAB offers a wide range of C++ services
- adding development capacity to your development team
- writing complex applications
- integrating code into various Operating Systems
- supplementing and enriching existing applications
- improving large scale maintainability
- future-proofing applications
- improving portability to other hardware and software platforms
- solving concurrency and threading challenges
- modernizing and cleaning up of existing code bases
- performance analysis and optimizations
KDAB at the forefront of C++11 / C++14
KDAB works with the latest versions of the C++ standard released in 2014. C++11 / C++14 bring many new features to C++ which make the language safer and faster, as well as easier and more fun to use. Our experience shows that modern C++ standards make for a more robust, less error prone, development environment.
- KDAB engineers speak at major C++ conferences like Meeting C++ and CppCon
- Our C++ blogs are at forefront of C++11 / C++14 development
- We have 15 years experience with Qt (a C++ framework), KDAB contributes to Qt and our engineers have created and maintain several modules of Qt, including Qt 3D.
Learn C++11 / C++14
Because of all the numerous changes, Bjarne Stroustrup, creator of C++, said that “C++11 feels like a new language”. C++14, released in 2014, brings some incremental improvements over C++11.
Some of the language features, such as the auto keyword, range-based for loops, uniform initialization and lambda functions, will immediately make your life easier. Moreover, powerful language constructs such as rvalue references and variadic templates can also help to making a program faster and more type-safe.
The new standard library additions finally give powerful tools to the programmer’s hands without requiring third-party libraries anymore. Completely new classes for multithreading, smart pointers and regular expressions are now provided, while there have been many additions to the containers and algorithms as well.Contact us