This training explores the implementation of many different rendering techniques to achieve cutting-edge visuals in OpenGL applications. Techniques are explored in depth with many examples, analysis of shader code and implementation details.
- Normal mapping and parallax mapping
- Environment mapping
- Procedural texturing
- High dynamic range (HDR) rendering
- Physically based rendering (PBR)
- Deferred rendering
- Shadowing via shadow maps and shadow volumes
- Screen-space ambient occlusion
- Image-processing filters and effects: blur, noise
- Anti-aliasing techniques
- Dealing with transparency
Read the full Table of Contents
Why learn advanced rendering?
Hundreds of papers, textbooks and examples of different rendering techniques exist. In this course we explore some of the most widely used and generally applicable, to give students the confidence to create their own versions and gain a deep understanding of GLSL.
- Target audience: Developers wanting to understand and incorporate realistic advanced visuals into their projects, for realism, visualization or artistic effect
- Pre-requisites: Developers already working with OpenGL, comfortable with the basics of specifying geometry, writing basic shaders and working with image data
- Duration: 3 Days
Forthcoming courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location Course Language Price Status Register February 6th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Programming with Qt/QML English € 999.00 Confirmed February 13th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Programming with Qt/QML for the Desktop English $ 1500.00 March 20th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Introduction English € 1500.00 March 27th, 2018 3 Lyon, France Programming with Qt 3D French € 2000.00 April 17th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Programming with Qt/QML English € 1500.00 May 8th, 2018 3 Detroit, MI, USA Qt for Automotive Development English $ 1800.00 May 15th, 2018 3 Paris, France Advanced QML French € 1500.00 May 22nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Advanced OpenGL English € 2000.00 June 12th, 2018 3 Toulouse, France Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 French € 1500.00 July 17th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Programming with Qt/QML for Embedded English $ 1500.00 September 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 1500.00 September 18th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Profiling and Debugging for Windows English $ 2500.00 October 2nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Introduction English € 1500.00 October 9th, 2018 3 Paris, France Advanced Qt Widgets French € 1500.00 November 13th, 2018 3 Avignon, France Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 December 4th, 2018 3 Rennes, France Programmation Qt QML French € 1250.00 December 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Advanced OpenGL English € 2000.00
For further information Contact us