This training explores the implementation of many different rendering techniques to achieve cutting-edge visuals in OpenGL applications. Techniques are explored in depth with many examples, analysis of shader code and implementation details.
- Normal mapping and parallax mapping
- Environment mapping
- Procedural texturing
- High dynamic range (HDR) rendering
- Physically based rendering (PBR)
- Deferred rendering
- Shadowing via shadow maps and shadow volumes
- Screen-space ambient occlusion
- Image-processing filters and effects: blur, noise
- Anti-aliasing techniques
- Dealing with transparency
Read the full Table of Contents
Why learn advanced rendering?
Hundreds of papers, textbooks and examples of different rendering techniques exist. In this course we explore some of the most widely used and generally applicable, to give students the confidence to create their own versions and gain a deep understanding of GLSL.
- Target audience: Developers wanting to understand and incorporate realistic advanced visuals into their projects, for realism, visualization or artistic effect
- Pre-requisites: Developers already working with OpenGL, comfortable with the basics of specifying geometry, writing basic shaders and working with image data
- Duration: 3 Days
Forthcoming courses in: Our trainings run from 9:00 to 16:00 (with a one hour window for discussion afterwards, if necessary)
From Days Location Course Language Price Status Register October 2nd, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Profiling and Debugging for Linux English $ 2500.00 Confirmed October 16th, 2018 3 Lyon, France Les nouveautés du C++11 / C++14 / C++17 French € 1500.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Avignon, France Débogage/profilage d’applications Qt sous Linux French € 2000.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 Confirmed November 20th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Advanced Rendering & Effects English € 2000.00 Confirmed December 4th, 2018 3 Rennes, France Introduction à Qt QML French € 1250.00 Confirmed December 11th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 Confirmed
Our trainings run from 9:00 to 16:00 (with a one hour window for discussion afterwards, if necessary)
For further information Contact us