This training explores strategies to increase the performance of new and existing OpenGL code, with multi-pass rendering and use of uniform buffers, shader storage buffers and indirect drawing to reduce driver overhead.
- Cost of state changes, batching and sorting
- Culling, occlusion queries, spatial data-structures
- Debugging and profiling OpenGL via extensions, timers and tools
- Synchronization and timer queries
- Buffering and streaming strategies for large data sets
- Instanced rendering and multi-draw indirect
- Uniform and shader storage buffer objects
- Shader subroutines
- The OpenGL memory model and image load/store
- Geometry and tessellation shaders
- Transform Feedback and Compute shaders
Read the full Table of Contents
Why learn about advanced pipeline and performance?
Getting the best from available hardware resources, especially on constrained systems, means deeply understanding the costs of different graphics operations, and how to optimise the rendering architecture to meet visual requirements. This course teaches how to increase performance effectively.
- Target audience: Developers wanting to create or improve existing rendering code, using every technique at their disposal to understand and maximise performance, and extract the full potential from their hardware.
- Pre-requisites: Developers already working with OpenGL, comfortable with the basics of specifying geometry, writing basic shaders and working with image data.
- Duration: 3 Days
Forthcoming OpenGL courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location/Time Course Language Price Ex. VAT Status Register June 15th, 2021 3 Online 9:00-16:00 CEST, Europe Advanced QML English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed advanced,english,qml August 31st, 2021 3 Online 9:00-16:00 CEST, Europe Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed english,introduction,qml,qt September 20th, 2021 5 Online 14:00-18:00 KST, Korea Testing Qt with Squish English € 999.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed 2day,3day,4day,5day,english,gui,qt,squish,testing September 21st, 2021 3 Online 9:00-17:00 CEST, Europe Formation Qt Widgets French € 1250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed french,widgets October 5th, 2021 3 Online 9:00-17:00 CEST, Europe Programmation Qt QML Avancée French € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) advanced,french,qml October 19th, 2021 3 Online 9:00-17:00 CEST, Europe Formation Qt Quick (QML) French € 1250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) french,qml,qt October 26th, 2021 4 9:00-16:00 CEST, Berlin, Germany Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed 4day,c++,english,modern-c++,multithreading November 30th, 2021 3 9:00-16:00 CET, Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed advanced,english,qml December 14th, 2021 3 9:00-16:00 CET, Berlin, Germany Debugging and Profiling Qt applications on Linux English € 2000.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed debug,english,linux,qt
For further information