This training explores strategies to increase the performance of new and existing OpenGL code, with multi-pass rendering and use of uniform buffers, shader storage buffers and indirect drawing to reduce driver overhead.
- Cost of state changes, batching and sorting
- Culling, occlusion queries, spatial data-structures
- Debugging and profiling OpenGL via extensions, timers and tools
- Synchronization and timer queries
- Buffering and streaming strategies for large data sets
- Instanced rendering and multi-draw indirect
- Uniform and shader storage buffer objects
- Shader subroutines
- The OpenGL memory model and image load/store
- Geometry and tessellation shaders
- Transform Feedback and Compute shaders
Read the full Table of Contents
Why learn about advanced pipeline and performance?
Getting the best from available hardware resources, especially on constrained systems, means deeply understanding the costs of different graphics operations, and how to optimise the rendering architecture to meet visual requirements. This course teaches how to increase performance effectively.
- Target audience: Developers wanting to create or improve existing rendering code, using every technique at their disposal to understand and maximise performance, and extract the full potential from their hardware.
- Pre-requisites: Developers already working with OpenGL, comfortable with the basics of specifying geometry, writing basic shaders and working with image data.
- Duration: 3 Days
Forthcoming OpenGL courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location/Time Course Language Price Ex. VAT Status Register October 5th, 2023 0.5 Online 16:00-22:00 UTC WhyRust? English € 500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) english,introduction October 17th, 2023 2 9:00-17:00 CEST Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt Design Studio English € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) 2day,english,studio,ui,ux October 23rd, 2023 4 9:00-17:00 CEST Berlin, Germany Advanced Modern C++ English € 2400.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed 4day,c++,english,modern-c++,multithreading October 23rd, 2023 5 Online 12:00-16:00 UTC, Mon-Fri Introduction to Rust English € 2250.00 (plus VAT if applicable) 5day,english,introduction October 23rd, 2023 6 Online over 2 weeks Mon-Wed 14:00-18: CEST Embedded Rust English € 2700.00 (plus VAT if applicable) english,introduction October 26th, 2023 2 Online 9:00-17:00 CEST, Thu-Fri Introduction à CMake French € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) cmake,french,introduction November 7th, 2023 3 9:00-17:00 CET Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1800.00 (plus VAT if applicable) advanced,english,qml November 7th, 2023 0.5 Online 9:00-13:00 UTC WhyRust? English € 500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) english,introduction November 20th, 2023 5 Online 9:00-13:15 CET, Mon-Fri Formation Qt Widgets French € 1500.00 (plus VAT if applicable) french,widgets December 12th, 2023 3 9:00-17:00 CET Berlin, Germany Debugging and Profiling Qt applications on Windows English € 2200.00 (plus VAT if applicable) debug,english,qt,windows
For further information