This training explores strategies to increase the performance of new and existing OpenGL code, with multi-pass rendering and use of uniform buffers, shader storage buffers and indirect drawing to reduce driver overhead.
- Cost of state changes, batching and sorting
- Culling, occlusion queries, spatial data-structures
- Debugging and profiling OpenGL via extensions, timers and tools
- Synchronization and timer queries
- Buffering and streaming strategies for large data sets
- Instanced rendering and multi-draw indirect
- Uniform and shader storage buffer objects
- Shader subroutines
- The OpenGL memory model and image load/store
- Geometry and tessellation shaders
- Transform Feedback and Compute shaders
Read the full Table of Contents
Why learn about advanced pipeline and performance?
Getting the best from available hardware resources, especially on constrained systems, means deeply understanding the costs of different graphics operations, and how to optimise the rendering architecture to meet visual requirements. This course teaches how to increase performance effectively.
- Target audience: Developers wanting to create or improve existing rendering code, using every technique at their disposal to understand and maximise performance, and extract the full potential from their hardware.
- Pre-requisites: Developers already working with OpenGL, comfortable with the basics of specifying geometry, writing basic shaders and working with image data.
- Duration: 3 Days
Forthcoming OpenGL courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location Course Language Price Status Register February 6th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Programming with Qt/QML English € 999.00 Confirmed February 13th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Programming with Qt/QML for the Desktop English $ 1500.00 March 20th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Introduction English € 1500.00 March 27th, 2018 3 Lyon, France Programming with Qt 3D French € 2000.00 April 17th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Programming with Qt/QML English € 1500.00 May 8th, 2018 3 Detroit, MI, USA Qt for Automotive Development English $ 1800.00 May 15th, 2018 3 Paris, France Advanced QML French € 1500.00 May 22nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Advanced OpenGL English € 2000.00 June 12th, 2018 3 Toulouse, France Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 French € 1500.00 July 17th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Programming with Qt/QML for Embedded English $ 1500.00 September 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 1500.00 September 18th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Profiling and Debugging for Windows English $ 2500.00 October 2nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Introduction English € 1500.00 October 9th, 2018 3 Paris, France Advanced Qt Widgets French € 1500.00 November 13th, 2018 3 Avignon, France Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 December 4th, 2018 3 Rennes, France Programmation Qt QML French € 1250.00 December 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Advanced OpenGL English € 2000.00
For further information Contact us