This training explores strategies to increase the performance of new and existing OpenGL code, with multi-pass rendering and use of uniform buffers, shader storage buffers and indirect drawing to reduce driver overhead.
- Cost of state changes, batching and sorting
- Culling, occlusion queries, spatial data-structures
- Debugging and profiling OpenGL via extensions, timers and tools
- Synchronization and timer queries
- Buffering and streaming strategies for large data sets
- Instanced rendering and multi-draw indirect
- Uniform and shader storage buffer objects
- Shader subroutines
- The OpenGL memory model and image load/store
- Geometry and tessellation shaders
- Transform Feedback and Compute shaders
Read the full Table of Contents
Why learn about advanced pipeline and performance?
Getting the best from available hardware resources, especially on constrained systems, means deeply understanding the costs of different graphics operations, and how to optimise the rendering architecture to meet visual requirements. This course teaches how to increase performance effectively.
- Target audience: Developers wanting to create or improve existing rendering code, using every technique at their disposal to understand and maximise performance, and extract the full potential from their hardware.
- Pre-requisites: Developers already working with OpenGL, comfortable with the basics of specifying geometry, writing basic shaders and working with image data.
- Duration: 3 Days
Forthcoming OpenGL courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location Course Language Price Status Register March 20th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Introduction to Modern OpenGL English € 1500.00 Confirmed March 27th, 2018 3 Lyon, France Introduction à Qt 3D French € 2000.00 Confirmed April 10th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 Confirmed April 17th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 Confirmed May 8th, 2018 3 Detroit, MI, USA Qt for Automotive Development English $ 1800.00 Confirmed May 15th, 2018 3 Paris, France Programmation Qt QML Avancée French € 1500.00 Confirmed May 15th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt Widgets for the Desktop English € 1250.00 Confirmed May 22nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Advanced Pipeline & Performance English € 2000.00 Confirmed June 12th, 2018 3 Toulouse, France Les nouveautés du C++11/C++14/C++17 French € 1500.00 Confirmed July 17th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Introduction to Qt/QML English $ 1500.00 Confirmed August 28th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Advanced QML English $ 1800.00 Confirmed September 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 1500.00 Confirmed September 11th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1500.00 Confirmed September 18th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Profiling and Debugging for Linux English $ 2500.00 Confirmed October 2nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Introduction to Qt 3D English € 2000.00 Confirmed October 9th, 2018 3 Paris, France Programmation Qt Widgets Avancée French € 1500.00 Confirmed October 23rd, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Avignon, France Débogage/profilage d’applications Qt sous Linux French € 2000.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 Confirmed December 4th, 2018 3 Rennes, France Introduction à Qt QML French € 1250.00 Confirmed December 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Advanced Rendering & Effects English € 2000.00 Confirmed
For further information Contact us