This training explores strategies to increase the performance of new and existing OpenGL code, with multi-pass rendering and use of uniform buffers, shader storage buffers and indirect drawing to reduce driver overhead.
- Cost of state changes, batching and sorting
- Culling, occlusion queries, spatial data-structures
- Debugging and profiling OpenGL via extensions, timers and tools
- Synchronization and timer queries
- Buffering and streaming strategies for large data sets
- Instanced rendering and multi-draw indirect
- Uniform and shader storage buffer objects
- Shader subroutines
- The OpenGL memory model and image load/store
- Geometry and tessellation shaders
- Transform Feedback and Compute shaders
Read the full Table of Contents
Why learn about advanced pipeline and performance?
Getting the best from available hardware resources, especially on constrained systems, means deeply understanding the costs of different graphics operations, and how to optimise the rendering architecture to meet visual requirements. This course teaches how to increase performance effectively.
- Target audience: Developers wanting to create or improve existing rendering code, using every technique at their disposal to understand and maximise performance, and extract the full potential from their hardware.
- Pre-requisites: Developers already working with OpenGL, comfortable with the basics of specifying geometry, writing basic shaders and working with image data.
- Duration: 3 Days
Forthcoming OpenGL courses in: Our trainings run from 9:00 to 16:00 (with a one hour window for discussion afterwards, if necessary)
From Days Location Course Language Price Status Register October 2nd, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Profiling and Debugging for Linux English $ 2500.00 Confirmed October 16th, 2018 3 Lyon, France Les nouveautés du C++11 / C++14 / C++17 French € 1500.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Avignon, France Débogage/profilage d’applications Qt sous Linux French € 2000.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 Confirmed November 20th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Advanced Rendering & Effects English € 2000.00 Confirmed December 4th, 2018 3 Rennes, France Introduction à Qt QML French € 1250.00 Confirmed December 11th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 Confirmed
Our trainings run from 9:00 to 16:00 (with a one hour window for discussion afterwards, if necessary)
For further information Contact us