Includes foundation requirements for Qt
This training introduces developers to the C++ language, with a focus on how it is used with Qt.
The course is targeted at software engineers with prior knowledge in system or application development, for example experience with software written in C.
Rather than going into all the corners of C++, this training focuses on the parts which are needed when developing with Qt. As an example we will not delve a whole lot on exceptions in C++, as they are seldom used with Qt.
- Introduction to the base language features
- Custom data types such as classes
- Life time and memory management of objects
- Code organisation features such as namespaces
- Runtime polymorphism
- Introduction to generic programming with templates
- Usage of templates in the C++ standard library
- Aspects of functional programming such as lambdas
- Best practices for C++ with Qt
Why learn C++?
C++ is widely used and has become a de facto standard, with extensive libraries. This course provides a base to build on for our Advanced C++: What’s new in C++11 / C++14 /C++17 or any of our Introductory Programming with Qt courses.
- Target audience: Developers who want to get started with C++
- Prerequisite: The course is suitable for developers with no prior C++ knowledge
- Duration: 3 days
Forthcoming courses in: Our trainings run from 9:00 to 16:00 (with a one hour window for discussion afterwards, if necessary)
From Days Location Course Language Price Status Register October 2nd, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Profiling and Debugging for Linux English $ 2500.00 Confirmed October 16th, 2018 3 Lyon, France Les nouveautés du C++11 / C++14 / C++17 French € 1500.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Avignon, France Débogage/profilage d’applications Qt sous Linux French € 2000.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 Confirmed November 20th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Advanced Rendering & Effects English € 2000.00 Confirmed December 4th, 2018 3 Rennes, France Introduction à Qt QML French € 1250.00 Confirmed December 11th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 Confirmed
Our trainings run from 9:00 to 16:00 (with a one hour window for discussion afterwards, if necessary)