Learn the relevant library and language changes
If you are a developer with prior working experience in C++, the Advanced Modern C++ training course is designed to take your C++ skills to the next level. Through a combination of modern techniques from C++11, C++14, C++17, C++20, and even a preview of some C++23 feature, the course’s comprehensive program will equip you with the knowledge and tools to write better, more efficient, and less error-prone code.
The primary goal of the Advanced Modern C++ training course is to help you understand how the latest advancements in C++ can significantly enhance your coding abilities. We will explore a wide range of modern features, techniques, and best practices that can make your codebase better organized, easier to maintain, and more intuitive to reason about. By leveraging these improvements, you will be able to write code more effectively, with a focus on reducing bugs and increasing overall code quality.
Throughout the course we will build upon your existing C++ knowledge and fill any gaps that you may have encountered. We will provide a comprehensive review of core concepts and reinforce your understanding of key language features. Additionally, we will dive into advanced topics, such as move semantics, automatic type deduction, smart pointers, lambda expressions, and template metaprogramming. You will learn how to leverage these techniques to write concise, expressive, and efficient code.
Key topics covered in this course include:
- Introduction to Modern C++
- Overview of C++11, C++14, C++17, C++20, and C++23 features and evolution
- Understanding the benefits of modern C++ improvements
- Upgrading existing codebases to utilize modern features
- Modern Resource and Memory Management
- Move semantics and perfect forwarding
- Smart pointers and RAII (Resource Acquisition Is Initialization)
- Core Language Enhancements
- Type deduction and auto keyword
- Range-based for loops
- Initializer lists and uniform initialization
- Lambdas and functional programming
- Standard Library Enhancements
- Ranges, views and algorithms in the Standard Template Library
- Vocabulary Types
- Generic programming and template metaprogramming
- C++ Best Practices
- Deal with the Legacy Burden
- Design patterns and tooling for idiomatic C++
- Writing clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Optional topics include:
- Multithreading and concurrency
- Concepts and constraints
- Variadic templates and fold expressions
- Three-way and defaulted comparisons
- The tuple protocol for destructurable types
Read the full Table of Contents
By the end of the training you will have a solid understanding of Modern C++ concepts and techniques, and you will be able to leverage the latest features and best practices to improve the quality, readability, and performance of your C++ code.
The course contents are regularly updated to reflect the latest developments in the C++ language and ecosystem.
- Target audience: Professional C++ developers
- Prerequisite: This course requires prior working experience with C++ and a good understanding of its fundamentals. Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts and basic data structures is also recommended.
- Duration:The standard duration of this course is 4 days. It can also be extended to 5 days in order to accommodate more topics.
- Sign up: Please check out course availability.
Forthcoming courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location/Time Course Language Price Ex. VAT Status Register October 23rd, 2023 4 9:00-17:00 CEST Berlin, Germany Advanced Modern C++ English € 2400.00 (plus VAT if applicable) Confirmed multithreading,modern-c++,english,c++,4day
For further information