a glTF™ 2.0 importer for Qt 3D
Kuesa 3D is a complete design-to-code workflow solution for 3D in real-time applications, centered around the open glTF™ 2 3D format, supported by Blender, Maya and 3ds Max.
Kuesa 3D Runtime is a stand-alone part of Kuesa 3D Studio that allows R&D Teams to easily evaluate and test existing designs in working code. A packaged and supported version can be purchased here. A build it yourself version of Kuesa 3D Runtime is also available under open source license and can be downloaded here.
Building a full 3D engine on top of Qt3D involves the non-trivial effort of turning 3D assets into a smoothly running and bug-free application. Kuesa 3D Runtime solves this problem by converting glTF2.0 files into Qt 3D assets.
All main 3D hosts like Blender, 3DS Max and Maya have a glTF2.0 exporter. A glTF2.0 file can be loaded into Kuesa Runtime as easily as loading a JPEG. Currently Kuesa 3D is the only way to properly use glTF with Qt 3D and is mostly glTF2.0 compliant. Examples of glTF2.0 features supported are: skinned animations, PBR material, unlit material, compressed meshes and light extension.
Kuesa Runtime Features
Under the hood, when you load a glTF2.0 file into Kuesa 3D Runtime, collections of Qt3D elements are created automatically (e.g. entities, materials, etc). You can then retrieve and bind those objects of your 3D scene just like other QML elements. Also, you can either make 3D part of your UI, or better still, make 3D content created in Blender, 3DS Max part of your UI.
- Artists can work separately from developers– the artist doesn’t need the build environment of the developer
- You can create complex interactive 3D apps easily on Desktop / ES3 out of the box … even with complex features like the PBR material
- You can apply post-processing effects: e.g. depth of field, bloom, blur, alpha masks, gamma correction, tone mapping
- A pre-made frame graph is included for your convenience so that you can use Kuesa Runtime straight out of the box
- Documentation and Examples included
Kuesa 3D Runtime may be used as a tool in the creation of applications. To incorporate it as a library into an application and sell on as a commercial application, ask us for Kuesa 3D Studio. Read the complete EULA.