KDAB talks at Qt World Summit expert insights across the stack, Oct 11-12
On Wednesday, October 11th
QtStringViews, QtStringViews everywhere, by Marc Mutz
- on the use and emerging patterns in QtStringview.
What’s New in Qt 3D? by Sean Harmer
- describing all the new features in Qt 3D 5.8/5.9 and what’s in development for Qt 3D 5.10 and beyond.
QML-driven HMI Architectures for Rolling Embedded Devices by Christopher Sterz
- revealing best practices for avoiding complexity in QML Car HMIs.
Multithreading with Qt, by Giuseppe D’Angelo
- outlining the foundations of multithreading programming with Qt.
Using Virtual Keyboards on Qt Embedded Devices by Jan-Arne Petersen
- including Qt input method API, Qt Virtual Keyboard and more.
GammaRay – taking a deeper look into your Qt application, by Volker Krause
- with live demos of GammaRay, the Qt profiling tool, and examples of use.
On Thursday, October 12th
QtBluetooth on mobile devices – a dragon guide, by Mathias Hasselmann
- looking at pitfalls and tricks
- looking at QtIVI, code generation and GammaRay.
Breathing life into your Application Animation with Qt 3D by Sean Harmer
- go in-depth into the new animation aspects of Qt 3D, with the leader of the Qt 3D project.
Earth rendering with Qt 3D by Paul Lemire
- presenting a possible implementation of a globe renderer in Qt 3D and discussing various issues and solutions.
Interacting with 3D content by Mike Krus
- Qt 3D, picking devices, Scene3D, Scene2D, manipulators
Integrating out of process graphical content into a QtQuick scene by Giulio Camuffo
- showing how to make content from an external application in a QQuickItem, via e.g. wayland or eglstream.
Integrating OpenGL in Qt Quick 2 applications, by Giuseppe D’Angelo
- using raw OpenGL in custom QQ2 applications.
Check out the rooms and see the full program here.