GammaRay 2.5.1 released
The first bugfix release for GammaRay 2.5 is now available. GammaRay 2.5 supports Qt 5.7 and in particular the newly added Qt 3D module with its many new features. These include access to QML context property chains and type information, object instance statistics, support for inspecting networking and SSL classes, and runtime switchable logging categories.
Highlights of the 2.5.1 Release:
- Fix build of external plugins when using a non-standard GammaRay install prefix.
- Fix race when receiving probe settings.
- Fix tool selector showing empty entries with Qt4.
- Fix widget layout overlay been shown incorrectly on floating dock widgets.
- Fix tool navigation context menu showing internal ids rather than tool names.
- Fix crash when target closes the connection first.
- Extended user manual content.
- Fix codec browser showing random values when changing selection.
The source code can be found on GitHub at: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay
Tarballs and zipballs for v2.5.1 are available from: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/releases
For Linux users:
- we provide prebuilt (against Qt5) packages for some popular distributions at: https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=isv%3AKDAB&package=gammaray
- for those of you still using Qt4 we also provide the Qt4 probe from: https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=isv%3AKDAB&package=gammaray-qt4
For OSX users:
- we provide homebrew recipes for both a full-fledged Qt5 and Qt4 version at https://github.com/KDAB/homebrew-tap
For Windows users:
- you’ll still need to build from source as we as yet do not have an installer
GammaRay is a tool to poke around in a Qt-application and also to manipulate the application to some extent. GammaRay uses various DLL injection techniques to hook into an application at runtime and provide access to a lot of interesting information.