Nautical Navigation / Infotainment Demo A demo of Qt 5 on QNX and KDAB’s design services.
QNX CAR is a framework for building In-Vehicle Infotainment systems, including:
- the QNX OS
- a powerful mobile connectivity framework
- a best-in-class acoustic, noise reduction, and hands-free solution
- an HMI framework supporting HTML5, Qt, and other native UI toolsets.
Using Qt5 on QNX, we created a mock-up of a modern interface for a sailing boat, to demonstrate the power of Qt and particularly QtQuick2.
We decided to create a concept of a boat dashboard instead of a car, because we believe that more and more vehicles will get a modern interface in the future.
Of course, many features exist in common, such as navigation, music player, vehicle status (fuel level, oil level, temperature, battery…).
Communication is a little bit different, with radio-based communication system at the push of a button. Finally some features are very specific to sail boats, such as the wind direction and speed.
- Qt Quick 2
- UI / UX Design
- OMAP5432 EVM board by SVTRONICS
- Two ARM Cortex-A15 MPCore processors
- Multicore POWERVR SGX544-MPx graphics accelerators
- 10” LCD LVDS bundle with capacitive touchscreen and ambient light sensor