Learn the relevant library and language changes
In this hands-on C++11, C++14 and C++17 training for professional C++ developers, you will learn the language changes and the standard library changes introduced in C++11, C++14 as well as changes from C++17.
In class, the new standards will be demonstrated with the aid of many examples, and you will get the opportunity to use them right away in our lab projects. Since not every developer has a C++14 or C++17-capable compiler yet, features only available in C++14 or C++17 are clearly marked as such in the material.
The training also teaches some advanced C++ features like variadic templates and perfect forwarding, but they are introduced gently, and some of them are optional.
- Important language changes, including:
- C++11/14: lambdas, range based for loops, strongly typed enums,
- C++11/14: constexpr, uniform initialization, move semantics, …
- C++17: improved lambdas, structured bindings, constexpr if, …
- C++11/14: Functional programming, including lambda, bind and function objects
- C++11/14: Template meta programming, including variadic templates and perfect forwarding
- C++11/14: Multithreading (including the C++11 memory model, std::thread, std::async, …)
- C++17: Templates: Fold Expressions, Class template deduction, …
Read the full Table of Contents
Why join our Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 training?
C++11 is a new major version of the C++ standard, released in 2011, and brings many new features to C++ that make the language safer, faster as well as easier and more fun to use. Every professional C++ developer will sooner or later come into contact with C++11/C++14/C++17 and introducing their advantages early can only be beneficial.
Because of all the numerous changes, the C++ creator, Bjarne Stroustrup, said that “C++11 feels like a new language”. C++14 and C++17, released in 2014 and 2017 respectively, bring further incremental improvements.
- Target audience: Professional C++ developers
- Prerequisite: Students are required to have basic C++ knowledge, for example knowing about inheritance and virtual functions.
- Duration: 3-day training course
- Sign up: Please check out course availability.
For further information Contact us
Forthcoming courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location Course Language Price Status Register May 8th, 2018 3 Detroit, MI, USA Qt for Automotive Development English $ 1800.00 Confirmed May 15th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt Widgets for the Desktop English € 1250.00 Confirmed May 22nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Advanced Pipeline & Performance English € 2000.00 Confirmed June 12th, 2018 3 Toulouse, France Les nouveautés du C++11/C++14/C++17 French € 1500.00 Confirmed July 17th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Introduction to Qt/QML English $ 1500.00 Confirmed August 28th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Advanced QML English $ 1800.00 Confirmed September 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern C++: C++11 / C++14 / C++17 English € 1500.00 Confirmed September 11th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Advanced QML English € 1500.00 Confirmed September 18th, 2018 3 Chicago, IL, USA Profiling and Debugging for Linux English $ 2500.00 Confirmed October 2nd, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Introduction to Qt 3D English € 2000.00 Confirmed October 9th, 2018 3 Paris, France Programmation Qt Widgets Avancée French € 1500.00 Confirmed October 23rd, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Avignon, France Débogage/profilage d’applications Qt sous Linux French € 2000.00 Confirmed November 13th, 2018 3 Berlin, Germany Introduction to Qt/QML English € 1250.00 Confirmed December 4th, 2018 3 Rennes, France Introduction à Qt QML French € 1250.00 Confirmed December 4th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Modern OpenGL: Advanced Rendering & Effects English € 2000.00 Confirmed