Includes foundation requirements for Qt
This training introduces developers to the C++ language, with a focus on how it is used with Qt.
The course is targeted at software engineers with prior knowledge in system or application development, for example experience with software written in C.
Rather than going into all the corners of C++, this training focuses on the parts which are needed when developing with Qt. As an example we will not delve a whole lot on exceptions in C++, as they are seldom used with Qt.
- Introduction to the base language features
- Custom data types such as classes
- Life time and memory management of objects
- Code organisation features such as namespaces
- Runtime polymorphism
- Introduction to generic programming with templates
- Usage of templates in the C++ standard library
- Aspects of functional programming such as lambdas
- Best practices for C++ with Qt
Why learn C++?
C++ is widely used and has become a de facto standard, with extensive libraries. This course provides a base to build on for our Advanced C++: What’s new in C++11 / C++14 or any of our Introductory Programming with Qt courses.
- Target audience: Developers who want to get started with C++
- Prerequisite: The course is suitable for developers with no prior C++ knowledge
- Duration: 3 days
Forthcoming courses in:
Check out our complete course schedule…
From Days Location Course Language Price Status Register November 28th, 2017 3 Berlin, Germany Modern OpenGL: Advanced Rendering & Effects English € 2000.00 November 28th, 2017 3 San Mateo, CA, USA Qt for Automotive Development English $ 2500.00 December 5th, 2017 3 Berlin, Germany Profiling and Debugging for Linux English € 2000.00 December 5th, 2017 3 Macclesfield, United Kingdom Programming with Qt/QML for Embedded English € 999.00 December 5th, 2017 3 San Mateo, CA, USA Modern OpenGL: Introduction English $ 2500.00 December 5th, 2017 3 Seoul, South Korea Qt for Automotive Development English € 1500.00 December 5th, 2017 3 Lyon, France Programmation Qt QML French € 999.00 Confirmed December 12th, 2017 3 Berlin, Germany Profiling and Debugging for Windows English € 2000.00 Confirmed December 12th, 2017 3 San Mateo, CA, USA Modern OpenGL: Advanced Rendering & Effects English $ 3000.00 February 6th, 2018 3 Macclesfield, UK Programming with Qt/QML English € 999.00 Confirmed March 27th, 2018 3 Lyon, France Programming with Qt 3D French € 1500.00